Meet Me Halfway
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Food Bank of Central & Eastern NC

Go down

Food Bank of Central & Eastern NC Empty Food Bank of Central & Eastern NC

Post  Brenda Sun Jun 19, 2011 10:53 pm

I'm on the mailing list for the Food Bank of Cental & Eastern NC - I don't live in NC - but went to NC State for college and occasionally donate to the food bank in NC when NC State is challenging other universities for donations to the Food Bank. But for those of you in the Eastern/Central part of NC - I receive a notice about their "Our Kids Summer Stock Campaign" Even if you can't afford to donate - thay ask you put it on social network sites and send to your family and friends

Email from the Food Bank of Central and Eastern NC

Thousands of kids throughout our 34 county service territory who are off for the summer are enjoying nutritious meals at partner locations and families are receiving the food they need to provide for their children while schools are closed.

We still have a long way to go to reach our goal of providing 1.2 million meals this summer. If you've already made an offline donation, we thank you so very much for your support during this important season! Your gift is making a world of difference in the lives of so many.

If you haven't yet made your contribution to the campaign, please consider making a gift today! For every $1 you give, we can distribute enough food for 4 meals... so, a donation of $25 will provide lunch for 100 children!

If you're not able to contribute monetarily, we hope you'll help spread the word by telling friends and family or using your social networking tools.

I've added the website below- also has links on the website to the local agency working on this program to feed kids over the summer - They may need volunteers.

http://www.foodbankcenc.org/site/PageServer?pagename=SFSP

Brenda

Back to top Go down