Meet Me Halfway
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How can we get churches involved to raise money??? gagrl

3 posters

Go down

How can we get churches involved to raise money??? gagrl Empty How can we get churches involved to raise money??? gagrl

Post  gagrl Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:20 pm

Hello!! I'm new to this... I only thought about this after reading one of Jimmy's articles. How can we mail information out to the churches in each state to see if they would raise some money for the foster care's in every state??? I was wanting to start in Georgia & go from there. I was just wondering if I could do this & what info to have copies of to mail out... I want to help out!!! I have sent backpacks to kids for school & sent loose change to both AZ & TN!!! I want to do more & thought because of what Jimmy had said wouldn't it be wonderful if the churches would open their doors, hearts, & all to the children & show GOD'S LOVE!!! I'm trying to start with my own church & go from there!!! Thank You for listening & letting me know!!! gagrl

gagrl

Back to top Go down

How can we get churches involved to raise money??? gagrl Empty Re: How can we get churches involved to raise money??? gagrl

Post  ElaUrias Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:18 am

gagrl wrote: Hello!! I'm new to this... I only thought about this after reading one of Jimmy's articles. How can we mail information out to the churches in each state to see if they would raise some money for the foster care's in every state??? I was wanting to start in Georgia & go from there. I was just wondering if I could do this & what info to have copies of to mail out... I want to help out!!! I have sent backpacks to kids for school & sent loose change to both AZ & TN!!! I want to do more & thought because of what Jimmy had said wouldn't it be wonderful if the churches would open their doors, hearts, & all to the children & show GOD'S LOVE!!! I'm trying to start with my own church & go from there!!! Thank You for listening & letting me know!!! gagrl

To get started I think you need to do some research, I assumed that churches weren't necessarily doing anything to help the issue but I was wrong.

I speak from experience - I had started writing letters to local churches then decided, I can't 'yell' at them for doing nothing if I don't know what I'm talking about so I started doing research and this is when I found many of them are, it's just not publicized outside their congregations or parishes.

I would start by contacting some in your local area and asking if they are helping with the issue or if they are aware of the issue and some ways they may be able to help. I also found that some are reaching out throughout the year and not just during the holidays with their youth groups and outreach programs. If they aren't doing something be prepared with ways they can help, not just $, but they may have youth groups or other members that need a project and this could be it!

You might also want to contact a faih based coalition for any work they may be doing to help end homelessness. There may be one in your area (there is one in the PHX metro area) and see if there is any help they may need or maybe a way to get more people involved.

I think we need to come from the perspective that we have a great thing they want to be involved in, not why arent you doing more (it's all in the marketing)...

Those are; for what they are worth; my 2 cents.

Cheers,
Ela
ElaUrias
ElaUrias

Back to top Go down

How can we get churches involved to raise money??? gagrl Empty Re: How can we get churches involved to raise money??? gagrl

Post  lzbetjerman Tue Oct 19, 2010 4:12 pm

I've been reading all the comments on this board for awhile. And I have also questioned myself on how to get more places (churches for example..) involved with MMH and helping the homeless youth in our area. My little town has alot of different "groups" that specifically help the kids. I would LOVE to bring each group together to focus on the ONE cause ~ and sometimes I admit it isn't the easiest thing to do...I agree it is how you present the idea to them. So, if anyone has any ideas on "HOW" to do that I would sure appreciate it! Very Happy I will continue to talk up all the ways we can help and support each one the best I can. I applied to be a foster parent, but unfortunately my living situation has temporarily changed. And until that is settled, I have told the County that I will volunteer my time and be a mentor to the children that are currently in the system. Even in my small town, I was amazed to find such a huge need.

So if anyone has any ideas on how to tie different organizations together without offending one or stepping on toes, etc....and would like to brainstorm and share; I would love to hear!! ( or try to comment ;-) Have a great day everyone.

Beth

lzbetjerman

Back to top Go down

Post  ElaUrias Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:46 am

I guess we can wait to have someone take the first step or do it ourselves, we may not be totally equipped to do everything that may come up but what every person seems to have in this group of volunteer members of MMH is passion to do the right thing and that counts for a ton.

Maybe you can approach one of these groups and tell them that you would like to discuss the issue with them and then would like to get other groups in a discussion together on how to work together on not only bringing awareness to the situation but also do things to help. Maybe draft up an agenda so they see what points are going to be discussed, get as many stats as you can together and some suggestions for what actions may need to be taken. Have all this thought of before hand - it may not be what you end up from but its a good starter for a brainstorming session. If you are going to go some faith based try to get someone from each major church invited in town, that way they don't feel excluded from the opportunity. It's the "we are all in this together and we need to find a solution" approach

I'm a Project Manager by trade and used this approach when trying to get my software projects worked on and installed successfully. It's in the approach and how its all presented.....

This is what I would do - i'm sure there are lots of other suggestions coming.

Cheers,
Ela
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
ElaUrias
ElaUrias

Back to top Go down

Post  lzbetjerman Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:06 am

Wow ~ these are some great ideas! I will try them. Thank You Very Happy

Beth

lzbetjerman

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down