Meet Me Halfway
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Arizona Ongoing Projects

5 posters

Go down

Arizona Ongoing Projects Empty Arizona Ongoing Projects

Post  KristyBarto Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:26 am

Arizona Street Team — Ongoing Projects
Cheryl Gillman, Arizona Street Team Coordinator

•April 9th-11th, 2010: The team will be hosting a booth at the "Parking Lot Fair" where the Street Team members will distribute hand-outs to raise awareness for Project Meet Me Halfway. They will also sell Project Meet Me Halfway t-shirts and wristbands to raise funds for Home Base Youth Services.
•Cobblestone Car Wash/Gas Station Company and Street Team Coordinator Cheryl Gillman have developed a promotional card in which each time a person brings a car in to be washed and shows the promo card, Cobblestone will donate 33% of the amount of the service to Home Base Youth Services. This project will continue indefinitely. Cobblestone has also given the Street Team permission to host awareness fundraisers at their locations.

KristyBarto

Back to top Go down

Arizona Ongoing Projects Empty Is anyone considering doing something before the 5/22 concert?

Post  atacarrillo Wed May 05, 2010 12:31 pm

I was wondering if anyone in the Arizona area is considering doing anything around the 5/22 Yuma concert. I might be able to drive out as it is only a couple hours for me. I'd love to help if you have anything set up. If anything I'd like to at least meet up.

Teri in San Diego
atacarrillo
atacarrillo

Back to top Go down

Arizona Ongoing Projects Empty MMH & Jimmy in Yuma

Post  CherylGnAZ Mon May 10, 2010 2:23 am

Hi Teri ... sorry, but we are not allowed to promote MMH at Jimmy's concerts. Jimmy is adament about keeping his career and MMH separate and we need to honor that. He'll make mention of it during his show though! Several of us are talking about making the drive from Phoenix and we'd love to meet up with you, if you would like. It's so much fun for all of us MMHrs to get together and talk the talk! LOL you can email me at cheryl@projectmmh.org ... looking forward to hearing from you!
Cheryl

CherylGnAZ

Back to top Go down

Arizona Ongoing Projects Empty Yuma

Post  lallalelu Mon May 10, 2010 3:57 am

Hi, I would love to do something BEFORE the concert to benefit MMH. We could do it at another location completely separate from Jimmy's music. I think this is what Terri was asking about (sorry if I'm putting words in your mouth Terri ;-0) I'm hoping some of us can carpool or at least meet up. Does anyone know how to organize this?
Thanks

lallalelu

Back to top Go down

Post  CherylGnAZ Tue May 11, 2010 12:31 am

We've done quite a bit here in the Phx area. I've never been to Yuma so I don't know the area. We have an MMH walk scheduled here in Phx the same morning of the concert (the 22nd), which is suppose to end at noon. Those of us that are planning on going to Yuma will leave here after the walk. As far as I know, it takes about 4 hours for us to get there and the concert starts at 8, as much as we'd love to do something for MMH when we get there, i don't know if we'll have enough time. Do you all know a place in Yuma that we could use, if we DID do something for MMH there? I have ideas if you all want to get something going and we could join in when we get there ... Question
I do have a small problem too ... I have a broken ankle Crying or Very sad and have non weight bearing orders. From what I understand - the concert is all general admission and mostly bleacher seating, but there are some floor seats. They don't have handicap seating so in order for me to get on the floor and in front where I'll be able to see, I was told that I need to be at the front of the line when they open the doors and/or have someone run to save my seat. Therefore, I don't know how soon the line starts to form, but I have a feeling I'll be waiting in the line for a while ... I might have to re-think if this is a good idea or not. LOL ... I don't want to get run over, nor can I afford heat stroke sitting in line for several hours. sunny Hmmmm....
Let me know what you all would like to do ...
thanks ... cheryl Smile

CherylGnAZ

Back to top Go down

Post  atacarrillo Fri May 14, 2010 4:50 pm

Hi Cheryl,
Sorry to have not got back to you this week. I've had heinous sinus headaches and have not been able to keep up with anything. Susan (lallalelu) & I are talking about carpooling to Yuma. I'd love to drive all the way to Phoenix for the walk, but I'm not sure how feasible that is as I work Friday night and then it would be a 6 hour drive for us. We'll see... I don't know the Yuma area at all either. I guess we'd be the blind leading the blind there LOL! It would be great to meet up with you all though and maybe take turns standing in line Razz Especially since you can't really stand! How many of you are planning on going? Let's at least plan to meet. Are you all wearing MMH t-shirts or Jimmy Wayne shirts?

Teri
atacarrillo
atacarrillo

Back to top Go down

Post  atacarrillo Fri May 14, 2010 5:10 pm

Hey Cheryl,
I was just checking out online to see what is going on with this concert. I thought maybe it was in addition to the fair since it is on the fairgrounds, but now looking at it, it doesn't seem to be. It also says the tickets are $25, but then when directed onto ticketmaster they go up to $35 plus all the crazy ticketmaster fees to boot! Did you all get your tickets yet? Do you know anything about the concert site besides that you said it was general admission? Does anyone know?

Thanks,

Teri
atacarrillo
atacarrillo

Back to top Go down

Arizona Ongoing Projects Empty Re: Arizona Ongoing Projects

Post  CherylGnAZ Sun May 16, 2010 3:33 am

Hi Terri! Me too! I've had the worst sinus problems this year and as it seems migraine after migraine! Crying or Very sad Arghhh, I hope this allergy season is almost over! Hope you're feeling better!

That would be so awesome if you all could make it for the walk! bounce But it is a long way ... I think it's going to take us 4 hours to get to Yuma ... I think there will be somewhere between 4 and 6 of us. At first, the start time online said 8, but it's now 5:30 which is really going to cut it close for us if we want to get in line early. I made reservations at the Ramada Inn today ... another group did too. My room is $40.00 through the web site i used and the other group paid $67. It would be fun to all be at the same hotel! If you want, go to www.enjoytheviewtravel.rovia.com and get a room at the Ramada! If you need help, let me know ... it's my friends travel web site. you can always call me at 602-292-4913 if you have any questions.

Taking turns standing in line is a great idea Idea ... but you all will have to do the running when the gate opens! I don't move so fast unless i bring a wheel chair. I have a knee walker too which I hope i can use there.

We have our own shirts that we made and sell. We are the only ones allowed to do so because we're in AZ and it's JW's final destination place. Plus, I had them made way before ProjMMH STeams were established. We'll be bringing some with us if you all want ... we're only allowed to sell them in AZ. They're $10. If you want to see them, email me at cheryl.projectmmh.org and I'll send you a pic. they have angel wings over the HomeBase Logo ... across the wings, it says "Meet Jimmy Wayne Halfway". On the back is JW's silhouette logo and our sponsors. The shirt is white.

I'm so excited! I can't wait to meet you all!!!! cheers And Jimmy too, for that matter! We're going to have a great time!!!!

Give me a call! Talk to you soon! flower
Cheryl

CherylGnAZ

Back to top Go down

Post  atacarrillo Sun May 16, 2010 8:52 pm

Hey Cheryl,

Good talkin with you this morning. Susan & I are pretty excited to be planning our trip. My puter is still stuck on the check out page for our hotel. I think the rovia people get Sundays off. LOL! I'm just letting it sit and I'll call them in the morning. Don't want to accidently get 2 rooms. Razz My husband & I both want a t-shirt. I'm betting Susan will want one too, but I'll let her speak for herself.

Side note. Checked out your bio on projectmmh.org. You & I have alot in common. I'm an army brat, and I too have lived all over including Hawaii (87-93) & Germany (78-80). It really is a small world Smile

Teri
atacarrillo
atacarrillo

Back to top Go down

Post  CherylGnAZ Sun May 16, 2010 11:13 pm

Hi Terri ... wow, sorry bout that web site, that's really weird!
Sounds like we do have a lot in common and will have a lot to talk about next weekend! LOL
I use to live in SD too ... El Cajon, La Mesa and Tierrasanta ... graduated from Tierrasanta HS. That was many moons ago though.
Where did you live in Germany?
It was great talking to you today too! We're going to have so much fun next weekend! I can't wait!
Cheryl

CherylGnAZ

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnW78 Sat Jul 03, 2010 12:29 pm

Hey girls. Smile
AnnW78
AnnW78

Back to top Go down

Arizona Ongoing Projects Empty HI

Post  lallalelu Sat Jul 03, 2010 8:06 pm

Hi there, how are you? Not much posted on here. I don't understand why everyone isn't using it. Kristy mentioned it today in her email, so maybe more people will use it. How are you doing?
Susan

lallalelu

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnW78 Sun Jul 04, 2010 5:15 am

Hi Susan,

Everyone should use it, hopefully after Kristy's e-mail everyone will post here!
I am good, just way too hot over here right now. Can't get comfertable. I am ready for winter. lol!!!

Ann
AnnW78
AnnW78

Back to top Go down

Arizona Ongoing Projects Empty HOT

Post  lallalelu Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:56 am

I can't even imagine how Jimmy will be able to walk in the heat. I can hardly stand 98deg. Aren't you guys above 110? I live right off the 8 freeway, and I see more license plates from AZ out here than from CA. I'm in Pine Valley, between El Centro and San Diego, up in the mountains. Right at the top where it gets cool.

Give me a shout if you're coming this way.

Susan

lallalelu

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnW78 Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:59 am

Hey Susan,
Are you on twitter???
The heat has gotten as high as 114!!! Right now its around 110 I believe.
But I'd rather have AZ heat then the heat in the midwest where you add the humidity to it. I can't stand the humidity. lol!
AnnW78
AnnW78

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down