Meet Me Halfway
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Project Meet Me Halfway Projects Update

Go down

Project Meet Me Halfway Projects Update Empty Project Meet Me Halfway Projects Update

Post  KristyBarto Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:28 pm

Hello Project Meet Me Halfway Volunteers,

I hope this finds everyone well and you enjoyed this lovely Fall day! We have several exciting projects that I wanted to share with you now rather than waiting to post in our Newsletter.

First, I want to draw everyone's attention to the MMH Forum --

If you haven't done so, please visit and register on the MMH Forum at www.meetmehalfway.forumotion.com. Erin, one of our Street Team members, created the MMH Forum back in the Spring as a way for all of us to communicate about Project MMH events, ideas and projects. The MMH Forum now includes a "Project" category where MMH projects will be posted.
I love that the MMH Forum is a site where any registered user can post happenings and comments. It's a great way for all of us to communicate and will be extremely useful as we have more and more MMH projects. MMH is growing and in the beginning it was easy to keep track of everything. I am finding it more difficult to keep up with all the MMH happenings and would appreciate it greatly if we all use the MMH Forum and post information to it.
The MMH Forum allows people to see "at a glance" what is happening within MMH which will help when people are inquiring about where they can volunteer. The forum also allows us to have "MMH chat sessions" for folks from a certain area or folks interested in a certain topic. If you want to schedule a chat around a specific topic or for volunteers in a certain area, contact Sarah (sarah@projectmmh.org) or Shannon (shannon@projectmmh.org).
Second, I wanted to update you on some upcoming MMH projects:

Time-wise, the Halloween Party which Felecia Kiser has been coordinating is first. This is taking place on Halloween in the Staunton, VA area and is for foster youth. Felecia (felecia@projectmmh.org) is in need of donations such as Halloween costumes and gift cards. Please send your donations to: C/O Jerelyn Anderson 1215 N. Augusta St Staunton, VA 24401.
Next, we have the Project MMH 5K Walk at the Wagon Wheel Festival which is happening on Saturday, November 13th at 8am. In addition to the walk, we have enough volunteers to host a vendor booth at the Festival on both Saturday and Sunday. Please help spread the word about the MMH Walk and encourage people to register online at www.wagonwheelfestival.com. If you are not able to come for the walk and would like to donate $10 to "adopt a youth" to walk, please let me know. For more detailed information on the Wagon Wheel Festival please visit www.meetmehalfway.forumotion.com under the "Projects" section.
Lastly, Roper Apparel & Footwear and Project Meet Me Halfway have teamed up for coat drive to provide clean used and new coats to homeless and runaway youth in Colorado. Roper Apparel & Footwear is one of the industry’s foremost western wear manufacturers. On November 12th and 13th, people can donate their clean, gently used coats or purchase new coats for donation at the Roper Warehouse. Roper has sponsored Project Meet Me Halfway since the beginning. View details on the www.meetmehalfway.forumotion.com or contact Jamie (jamie@projectmmh.org) with questions.
Local Street Team members are instrumental in each of these events. All these events have grown from local volunteers’ desire to do a project in their area. If you have an idea for a project, please connect with me. I connect regularly with Jimmy’s management team and will take your project to the team and help you get it started. It is important that we connect with the management team before rolling out any Project MMH project or event.

We will be rolling out new events and projects regularly. We are working on a Holiday Project and will be posting details on the MMH Forum very soon.

Thanks so much to each of you for your continued support and devotion to helping raise awareness for America's at risk foster youth and homeless teens.

Kind Regards,

Kristy

KristyBarto

Back to top Go down