Meet Me Halfway
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DC Metro area members

Go down

DC Metro area members Empty DC Metro area members

Post  Brenda Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:43 pm

I'm working on developing some classes for a local group home - writing resumes, college applications and public speaking. My ultimate goal is to document the classes so I can use them at additional homes in the DC area and possibly teach others to deliver the training. I have some help in writing the classes but would like some help in tracking down some information regarding tuition help for college.

I have read online that in Maryland they have a tuition waiver at Maryland State Universities for kids who aren't adopted or are adopted after the age of 14. But I'm not sure how it works. If anyone has any knowledge on tuition waivers or would be willing to help research - I would appreciate it. I'm also interested in knowing if DC or Virginia have any similar programs for children in Foster care if anyone is willing to research those states. I know in North Carolina they have scholarships specifically for children in Foster care so DC and Virginia may have something similar to that.

If you are interested in helping me you can contact me (Brenda) at bflory@alumni.ncsu.edu and we can discuss how you would like to help. Please put MMH in the subject line in case it goes to my spam folder.

Brenda

Back to top Go down