Meet Me Halfway
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

East-West National Donation Drive Project

Go down

East-West National Donation Drive Project Empty East-West National Donation Drive Project

Post  KristyBarto Tue May 25, 2010 9:09 am

For Immediate Release:

Friday, May 21, 2010: Country music recording artist, Jimmy Wayne and his Project Meet Me Halfway Street Team announce the “East-West Donation Drive”. The East-West Donation Drive is an outreach effort to help at-risk youth in facilities across America.

Through the month of May, National Foster Care Awareness month, Jimmy Wayne's Street Teams are gathering basic necessities that foster youth and homeless teens so often lack — items like toiletries, gas cards, and towels- for organizations all over the United States. Volunteers are reaching out and helping within their own communities. The organizations, their contact information, and their "wish lists" are listed at www.projectmmh.org (Street Teams=>Ongoing Projects=>East West National Donation Drive).

Jimmy Wayne began Project Meet Me Halfway to raise awareness about America’s youth who are at risk of aging out of the foster care system without the resources to be independent successfully. Wayne, who was a foster child and experienced homelessness, is walking halfway across America for homeless youth. He started walking on January 1st of this year in Nashville, TN and has already walked over 1,200 miles. He will finish in Phoenix, AZ (some 1600 miles total).

For questions on the East-West Donation Drive, please contact Kristy Barto, National Meet Me Halfway Street Team Coordinator, at kristy@projectmmh.org.

KristyBarto

Back to top Go down