Meet Me Halfway
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Project Meet Me Halfway Angel Tree Program

2 posters

Go down

Project Meet Me Halfway Angel Tree Program Empty Project Meet Me Halfway Angel Tree Program

Post  KristyBarto Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:31 am

Participate in the Project Meet Me Halfway
Angel Tree Program
Project Meet Me Halfway encourages you to do what you can to make the holiday season better for youth. Here are some suggestions as to how you can get involved:

Visit the Salvation Army website — enter your zip code to find a Salvation Army office near you, and call them to ask about their holiday volunteer needs (working in the toy distribution location, doing toy pick-ups, ringing the bell, etc).
Visit the Angel Giving Tree website sponsored by JC Penney (in partnership with the Salvation Army) after November 1 to sponsor an Angel online
Connect with others in your community to host a Toy Drive and donate the toys to your local Salvation Army office, where they will be given to Angels who were not adopted
These are just a few ways to get involved. We want to know what MMH does to support the Angels — please share your story with us — it's not required, but we want to share all the Angel Tree stories from this year!

Visit the link below to share your Angel Tree Program Stories
http://www.projectmmh.org/index.php?page=StreetTeam/AngelTree3

Last edited by KristyBarto on Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:33 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : incomplete)

KristyBarto

Back to top Go down

Project Meet Me Halfway Angel Tree Program Empty Day of "Doing the Most Good"

Post  feleciakiser Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:05 am

In addition to all of the ways for MMHers to get involved with the Salvation Army's Angel Tree Program this year, I would like to unofficially declare December 11th the day of "Doing the Most Good" as "on Saturday, December 11th, Jimmy Wayne will be volunteering at his local Salvation Army Warehouse in Nashville, TN and invites you to join him in his effort to help families across America have a Merry Christmas. Of course it isn’t possible for everyone to go to Nashville on this day but you can make it a volunteer day in your community."

I encourage y'all who want to go help Jimmy Wayne help the Salvation Army on this day but can't, to do one or all of the following:

1.) volunteer, or sign up to do so, with YOUR own local Salvation Army Warehouse

2.) if you could not afford to adopt an entire Angel then at least buy one toy or outfit that can be given to a child that wasn't chosen and drop it off at your local Salvation Army on this day

3.) "Connect with others in your community to host a Toy Drive and donate the toys to your local Salvation Army office, where they will be given to Angels who were not adopted"

*your church would be a good group to do this with...just ask your pastor to announce it on the 5th, designate a turn in location, and ask for toys to be in by the 12th...it's a day later the Day of "Doing the Most Good" but churches don't meet on Saturday...so it'll work...

*also your place of employment would be another easily recruit-able group for this idea...you could make it like a Secret Santa type of thing...you could write the age and gender of kids on slips of paper and participants could draw (for example have two slips of paper that say 12 year old girl and two that say 12 year old boy and do this for both genders at each age). Ask participants to spend $10-$20 for a gift(s) and return them to you at work by the 10th so you can drop them off at your local Salvation Army on the 11th...

4.) put a $5 bill in a Salvation Army bell ringer's bucket

5.) volunteer as a Salvation Army bell ringer on this day

6.) tell one person who DOES NOT know about the Angel Tree Program what it is, how it works, and encourage them to adopt an Angel or do one of the things on this list.

(Yes, there really are people who do not know what the Angel Tree Program is! I made a friend over the summer while doing an MMH awareness table at my local Harley Davidson who had never volunteered a day in his life and had no clue about the Angel Tree Program...7 months later he has volunteered twice (once with MMH & once at the local Salvation Army Homeless Shelter) and is helping me pick things for my Angels this year! So ask people if they've heard of it and if not tell them! P.S. this would be a good person for you to take along with you if you chose the second option on this list)

If y'all have other ideas for things people could do on the Day of "Doing the Most Good" then please add them to this post! and don't forget to let me know what you do! I'll be tweeting what i do throughout the day! @mmh_midatlantic
feleciakiser
feleciakiser

http://helpfosterlings.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down